Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Day 297 - If the Heart is in It!

Today's Reading: Jer. 42-43 and John 16

I love the encouragement to pray given in John 16. "Verily verily (that means He really means it), I say unto you. Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, He will give it you. Hitherto (up to this point) have ye asked nothing in my name: ask and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full." (John 16:23-24)

I'm thankful that we don't have to come with wealthy offerings, or with the prestige of the nations to be heard of God. All He asks is for humility of heart, and an earnest desire for help. I love the following statement from Desire of Ages.
"The prayer of the humble suppliant He presents as His own desire in that soul’s behalf. Every sincere prayer is heard in heaven. It may not be fluently expressed; but if the heart is in it, it will ascend to the sanctuary where Jesus ministers, and He will present it to the Father without one awkward, stammering word, beautiful and fragrant with the incense of His own perfection." (667)
Is your heart IN IT when you pray?

Tomorrow's Reading: Jer. 44-46 and Ps. 119:49-72

No comments:

Post a Comment