Sunday, February 04, 2018

Day 35 - I have "Purposed"...


Today's Reading: Ex. 21-22, ad Psalm 17

Many serious things to contemplate in today's reading. I really appreciated the call of "purposed honor" given in Psalm 17. "I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress."

There are many ways my mouth can transgress, but one of the most common ways is through murmuring and complaining (like the children of Israel did) and not trusting the sovereignty of God when the going gets tough. When you don't understand the trials, when the pain gets unbearable it's easy to doubt God's goodness, and it's tempting to transgress with our lips. That's why it's important to PURPOSE (or plan in advance) that we will not dishonor God by our words, or by doubting His goodness. I purpose this in my heart again today... that no matter what the future holds, with God's grace and strength (for I have not the ability to be strong without Him), that my mouth will not transgress the Lord, no matter the path He leads me down.

I am reminded of another place where someone PURPOSED. "But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself." (Dan. 1:8)

The temptation to sin, to compromise is ever present. If we would be victorious, we must INTENTIONALLY give God our heart and will daily and cling to His strength. We must INTENTIONALLY PURPOSE not to defile ourselves, not to transgress, and to keep our eyes on Him at all times. We must PURPOSE to stay in His presence. If we try to do things on our own, we will fall.

Lord, today, I PURPOSE to give you my heart, my temptations, my trials and my pain. I PURPOSE to trust You no matter what the future holds, for You are good and nothing comes to me that has not first come to You. I trust You for You promise all things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to His PURPOSE. (Rom. 8:28)

Tomorrow's Reading: Ex. 23-24 and Matt. 26


No comments:

Post a Comment