Monday, July 02, 2018

Day 183 - Blessed is She that Believed!

Today's Reading: 2 Chron. 35-36 and Luke 1:39-80

I love the story of Mary going to visit Elizabeth (who is pregnant with John the Baptist) and how the two share what God is doing in their lives. And I love Mary's response as she continues to grow in love and adoration for God. One of my favorite promises, among MANY :-), comes from Luke 1.

"And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord." (Luke 1:45)

BLESSED IS SHE THAT BELIEVED... how many times I've claimed this promise in my own life!

Do we really believe in God and that He intends to keep His Word... Do we really believe that His Word does not return unto Him void and He will do what He has said? Do we believe that in the end He truly will work all things out together for our good? Elizabeth believed, Mary believed... and so many others also believed down through the centuries. Some did not yet receive the promise, but they held on in faith. I too, choose to believe. Even when I don't see, I will believe...

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Heb. 11:1)
Tomorrow's Reading: Ezra 1-2 and Luke 2

No comments:

Post a Comment