Sunday, July 29, 2018

Day 210 - When He Hath Tried me...

Today's Reading: Jon 22-23 and Ps. 85

"But He knoweth the way that I take. When He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of His mouth more than my necessary food..." (Job 23:10-12)

Is this how we respond when trials come? His Word is more than our necessary food? When it seems like everything is going wrong, will we remain faithful? The enemy of our souls is constantly trying to get us to doubt God or to turn away from Him when storms arise, but let us like Job remain faithful. Let us vindicate God's character that He is good and we trust Him no matter what comes... knowing He is making us like gold....

We are told that regarding Job, this is what came to pass. "By his patient endurance [Job] vindicated his own character, and thus the character of Him whose representative he was." (Education, p. 156)

Currently here with my family in Montana. Had a crazy afternoon yesterday driving around the mountains looking for some old hiking trails my parents use to enjoy. We never found the trails although we drove for miles and miles and miles down old bumpy back logging roads. Then we came home and we found that one of the members in our friends other hiking group (we had separated and gone two different ways for the afternoon) had fallen and broken her ankle... And what timing as she (the one who fell) is overseeing a huge blue-berry farm and the season is just starting... As everyone scurried around last night getting her ready to go into the hospital and possible surgery, my dad stated calmly, "Well, once again, everything is going wrong just right. God is in control."

Last night I didn't sleep well... kept checking text messages and phone to see if any news from those gone to the hospital. Mind was also busy with many things... which means I'm exhausted this morning... oh my... what a night.

But I take comfort in God's promise: When He has tried us, we shall come forth as gold... although the road of life may at times be bumpy, much more bumpy than the logging roads that we were driving yesterday, we can trust Him! Although our physical steps slip, He still upholds us and will carry us through...

Tomorrow's Reading: Job 24-26 and Luke 21

No comments:

Post a Comment