Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Father Lead Me Part One

Father lead me...

This is such a powerful statement, invitation, and adventure.  This was perhaps the greatest guiding principle of Christ's life.  Father, lead me.

I have been thinking about the realities of this in our walk with God.  When we are being led do we know we are being led or is it some ambiguous understand we have with the one leading?

The answer seems so simple yet so elusive.  Of course we know we are being led especially when we are asking to be led right.  Perhaps and perhaps not.  I think we would all agree that when usually led by the devil we tend to not even think about it or recognize it.  Yet deep down do we really know?

Lets say we should know.  If we put the question to the life of Jesus what do we find?  Did Jesus know He was being led by His Father or when He said He did nothing nor spoke nothing but what the Father showed and told Him was He just speaking in general?

When someone says let me lead while going hiking or says let me drive while on a road trip I usually am pretty aware of them being in front of me or behind the wheel.  I know they are leading and I am fully aware of their presence. 

What about with Christ.  It seems that His perception of His Fathers leading through the Holy Spirit was pretty real, personal, and practical.  I mean that's what He said anyway.  He even went so far as to say that whatever was seen in and of Him was of the Father and if they saw it from Him than they where actually seeing the Father.  Wow, that sounds like pretty personal leading to me. 

If this is true what are the ramifications in regards to my life with Jesus.  He invites me to "follow" Him.  He holds me in His arms and says "abide" with me.  He says let me "do" my works in and through you and allow me to "speak" my words through you.  Ok, so does that mean I should just learn what I think that should look like, sound like, and be like and then try to 'do like' all of that?  Well maybe, if we didn't have the Holy Spirit
...


Matt F Mattzela

No comments:

Post a Comment