Friday, March 07, 2014

Father Lead Me Part Two

Can you imagine.  The Holy Spirit has been given to us as with Jesus to lead us, work His works in and through us, and speak through us.  Yet we so often say in one way or another; "Ok Lord lead me." and then we go on our merry (or not so merry) way doing it our way, in our strength/abilities, and with or words.  All along the Holy Spirit is sitting on the side lines in aw.  I can imagine Him saying something to the effect of "are you serious right now.  Is that what you want my power, experience, and purposes to be in your life.  Are you really satisfied with that.  Don't you understand the realities of really being lead verses claiming to be lead and then leading yourself."

Ouch!  Yet, I know for me I have lived that reality for so long it is hard to change.  It is hard to submit to Actually Being Lead.  I mean there is a lot of fear, anxiety, and pride in that.  What if I can't follow?  What if I fail?  What if I don't want to do what He is leading me to?  What if I actually have to do something?  What if I can't take care of the situation He leads me in?  What what what what if...

Oh to allow the Spirit to be real.  We often wonder why we don't "SEE" the Holy Spirit.  Perhaps it is because we cannot see past the leaders, ourselves...


Matt F Mattzela

1 comment:

  1. So what is the next step? How do we get past those fears and really let Him lead?

    ReplyDelete