Friday, March 28, 2014

Let Me Take You There


"He leads me..." (Psalm 23:2).

Have you ever been looking for something at some huge warehouse-type store? You finally stumble upon an unsuspecting employee and blurt out what you're seeking. He doesn't even make eye contact with you as he continues stocking shelves and mumbles, "Right at the diapers, left at the chainsaws, straight ahead past the TVs."

You start on your adventure, become more lost than ever, then come upon another employee. She greets you and asks if she can help with anything. You repeat the object of your quest and she smiles warmly. "Let me take you there."

God doesn't just give us directions and wish us luck in life. Leading us means He walks with us; He takes us there. Wow! The Ruler of the Universe is not only willing, but eager, to walk with you and me today!

6 comments:

  1. It is rewarding to know the Lord does not leave us to travel the long worn path alone, instead He is our faithful traveling companion. "And He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own; and the joy we share as we tarry there, None other has ever known."--I Come to the Garden Alone song

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reply! Beautiful, beautiful words to that song. God has no greater joy than to simply have us in His presence (John 14:3; all three parables in Luke 15; etc.).

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the illustration and the reminder that God walks with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're certainly welcome! I appreciate your response. I think many times God chooses not to reveal our future in life, just so we will be sure to walk with Him every step of the way.

      Delete
  3. This posting is by far one of my most favorite of all your short writings! Praise the Lord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise the Lord indeed, Chelsie. God BROUGHT His people out of Egypt instead of giving them directions!

      Delete