Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Day 163 - Great is the Lord, and Greatly to be Praised! I'm going Home!

Today's Reading:  1 Chron. 15-16 and 2 Cor. 13

Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised, because this morning I am on my way home! Praise the Lord. After 6 weeks of travel, I'm on my way to Arkansas to be with my family for a few days... God is good! So many reasons to praise His name.

I'm at the airport currently, just now reading my Bible as we had an early morning departure. I love 1 Chronicles 16 as it details the joy of King David bringing the ark back to Jerusalem. I love how he and his household sanctified themselves (cleansed themselves) before attempting this sacred task. They recognized the reverence and awe with which they needed to perform this sacred task.

Then I love how he clothed himself in a linen ephod... like the priest wore. Not because he assumed to take the position of a priest, but because he was humbling himself... Inspiration says the following:
"The king had laid aside his royal robes and had attired himself in a plain linen ephod, such as was worn by the priests. He did not by this act signify that he assumed priestly functions, for the ephod was sometimes worn by others besides the priests. But in this holy service he would take his place as, before God, on an equality with his subjects. Upon that day Jehovah was to be adored. He was to be the sole object of reverence." (Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 706)
I also love being reminded of the joy of praises that came from his lips!

"Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; she forth from day to day his salvation. Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvelous works among all nations. For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the people are idols: but the LORD made the heavens. Glory and honour are in his presence; strength and gladness are in his place.Give unto the LORD, ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength. Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness." (1 Chron. 16:23-29)

And the praises just go on! Oh if we all would embrace such praise... Again EGW writes, " If more praising of God were engaged in now, hope and courage and faith would steadily increase. And would not this strengthen the hands of the valiant soldiers who today are standing in defense of the truth." (Prophets and Kings, p. 202)

I'm just now preparing to board my plane and will enjoy continuing to meditate on these verses as I begin my flight home...

Tomorrow's Reading: 1 Chron. 17-18 and Galatians 1

No comments:

Post a Comment