Monday, June 25, 2018

Day 176 - Truth in Christ is Measureless

Today's Reading: 2 Chron. 18-20 and Eph. 3

What a powerful reading! I love 2 Chronicles 20 which tells Jehoshaphats turning to God in the midst of crisis.... "We have no might against this great company that comes upon us but our eyes are upon thee." And God delivered in a mighty way! And the deliverance came when they began to sing... I come back to this story time and time again when facing my own trials or dilemmas... as I remember what God did for Jehoshaphat, I know He will do the same for me. What courage this testimony has brought me over the years...

However, another favorite chapter of mine in the Bible is Ephesians 3 as it talks about the fullness the God longs to bring our lives. I think one of my top favorite passages in the whole Bible is Ephesians 3:20,21. This passage has really directed the theme of my life these past 10-15 years....

If the God that we serve is able to do MORE in our life ... why do we settle for less...?

"Not unto Him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus, throughout all ages, world without end."

Inspiration says the following regarding these passages:
Truth in Christ and through Christ is measureless. The student of Scripture looks, as it were, into a fountain that deepens and broadens as he gazes into its depths. Not in this life shall we comprehend the mystery of God’s love in giving His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. The work of our Redeemer on this earth is and ever will be a subject that will put to the stretch our highest imagination. Man may tax every mental power in the endeavor to fathom this mystery, but his mind will become faint and weary. The most diligent searcher will see before him a boundless, shoreless sea. 
The truth as it is in Jesus can be experienced, but never explained. Its height and breadth and depth pass our knowledge. We may task our imagination to the utmost, and then we shall see only dimly the outlines of a love that is unexplainable, that is as high as heaven, but that stooped to the earth to stamp the image of God on all mankind. (Christ Object Lessons, p. 128-129)
I don't know about you... but I want to experience more of His fulness. I want to discover more of this boundless shoreless sea...  I want to discover more of Christ whose truth is measureless. What a God we serve!

Tomorrow's Reading: 2 Chron. 21-23 and Eph. 4

No comments:

Post a Comment