Sunday, December 23, 2018

Day 357 - Apple of His Eye!

Today's Reading: Zechariah 1-2 and Ps. 146-147

You know, when we really consider the realm of things, our life, our struggles, our heartaches, our joys, our experiences, our achievements, our victories, our trophies, etc, they are really nothing... nothing in comparison with God and who He is.

I was reading in Psalms 147:4,5 this morning.

“He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them ALL by their names. Great is our Lord, and of great power: His understanding is infinite.”

Wow! I mean, do we even begin to comprehend what I just read?? His understanding is INFINITE! He calls the stars ALL by their names? I love looking at the stars, but I know the names of maybe 5-10... that’s it. Astronomers might know names of a few hundred or more? But billions and billions of galaxies with more stars than we can number within each?? And He knows them ALL by name? No wonder David cries out, “What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?” (Ps. 8:4)

And yet... and YET... as I also just read this morning in Zechariah 2:8, If anyone touches us (tries to hurt us) they are actually touching the apple of God’s eye!!!!! The apple is the pupil... That’s what you see with. That means His eyes are always focused on US! The phrase “apple of my eye” actually refers to something or someone that one cherishes above all others. And that’s how God views us! Unbelievable! Wow!

This is all so hard to imagine... and yet sometimes we feel like He’s not watching closely enough, like He doesn’t see our grief, our struggles, our heartache, or pain... I know I feel that way at times. I’ve felt that way just this week. Perhaps we need to spend some extra time this coming week just basking in these amazing thoughts... WE ARE THE APPLE OF HIS EYE! Wow... so awe-inspiring.

Tomorrow's Reading: Zech. 3-4 and Revelation 17

No comments:

Post a Comment