Monday, December 31, 2018

Day 365 - Longing for God, Longing to go Home!

Today's Reading: Mal. 3-4 and Revelation 22

In this final blog post, I'm going to share thoughts from both Malachi and Revelation.

I simply love Malachi 3 that talks about what will happen when we bring all the tithes into the storehouse. Let's read it together!

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." Mal 3:10

Here we find the Lord challenging us... "Just prove me, test my words, and see if I will not open the windows of heaven and pour out so many blessings that you won't have room for it all!" I love this. While this is speaking about tithe and offering, I think we can claim this promise for all areas of our lives when we honor God and His Word. When we obey His commands, all His promises are ours... we can take His words to the bank. As Christ Object Lessons says, "The honor of His throne is staked for the fulfillment of His word unto us." (p. 148)

What a beautiful gift God has given us in His Word! His Word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path. It's what will safely get us out of this dark world and get us home. And that correlates with what we find in Revelation 22. 

Here in this final chapter of the Bible, I see a beautiful description about heaven: "And there shall be no night there: and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever."

Ellen White writes these beautiful words: 
In the City of God “there shall be no night.” None will need or desire repose. There will be no weariness in doing the will of God and offering praise to His name. We shall ever feel the freshness of the morning and shall ever be far from its close. “And they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light.” Revelation 22:5. The light of the sun will be superseded by a radiance which is not painfully dazzling, yet which immeasurably surpasses the brightness of our noontide. The glory of God and the Lamb floods the Holy City with unfading light. The redeemed walk in the sunless glory of perpetual day. (GC 676)
What a beautiful picture of living in the light of God, forever in perpetual day. All will no longer be darkness around us... the Bible will not just light our path, but the Living Word of God will light our entire existence. This picture will be our reality, not just once, but for all eternity.

How I'm longing for this day, how I'm longing to see God face to face!

So as this year ends and 2019 begins, let us continue to hold fast to His Word. Let us stand firm in Him. No matter what shaking circumstances happen in our lives, in our church, or to those we love, no matter what times of trouble lies ahead, God's Word will stand true. We can trust Him, we can prove Him. He will not fail!

May God bless as we each continue digging into the Word of God.

This concludes my blogging for my Bible Reading In-One-Year Marathon. I've just completed the "Longing for God" Bible reading plan, and what a blessing it has been. I encourage it to everyone, or one like it. And these blogs will remain online for those that wish to follow my commentary along with their daily Bible reading. Of course, the plan you follow does not matter, as long as you get into the Word, daily! But I want to challenge you, especially if you haven't done it for awhile. Take this next year... read the Bible thru! Your life will never be the same again! 

Thanks to all those who have joined me on this beautiful journey! Let's keep it up. We are nearing HOME!

AND to those that wish to join me in my New Year's Challenge... You can learn more about that by watching this video! Once a month, I will post briefly about 1 book or biography that I have read that month to grow my faith this coming year. Join me on this journey of faith as I continue seeking MORE of HIM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment