Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Day 269 - The Lord comforts His People!

Today's Reading: Isa. 51,52 and Heb. 9

Reading Isaiah 51 and 52 today, we see much comfort shared for God's people.

I love this first verse: "For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody." (Isa. 51:3)

I remember a specific discouraging time I was going through years ago, and I wondered if I could even be saved. And God showed me this verse, and it was like He was telling me, "You feel like you are in a desert and wilderness now, but I can make your desert become the garden of the Lord. I will bring you joy and gladness, and I will listen to YOUR VOICE, Melody." How special that was...

But the passages of Isaiah go on giving hope and courage to God's people.
"Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall bedpan their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; andsorrow and mourning shall flee away. I, even I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass; And forget test the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth..." (Isa. 51:11-13)
In these passages I see God asking, "Why do you fear man who dies when I am your creator, and I am the one that stretched out the heavens and laid the foundation of the earth. I alone can help you! I am your comforter..."

So looking forward to the day when all sorrow and sadness will flee away...

Tomorrow's Reading: Isa. 53-54 and Ps. 108-109  

No comments:

Post a Comment