Sunday, September 30, 2018

Day 273 - Roadblocks to Prayer

Today's Reading: Isa. 59-60 and Ps. 110-111

Isa. 59:1-2 hits me right off as I'm reminded of one of the biggest roadblocks in prayer.

"Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear."

This also reminds me of another passage in Psalms that makes things very clear: "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me." (Ps. 66:18)

Sin and compromise clogs the channels, you might say. It is these things, unconfessed, that hold back God's blessings.

Let us remove these roadblocks, let us humble our hearts that God can work as He desires to do!

[Note: Sorry for the late posting. I was traveling early this morning, and with all the hubbub, I kinda got distracted and forgot to post today.]

Tomorrow's Reading: Isa. 61-62 and Hebrews. 12

No comments:

Post a Comment