Thursday, October 18, 2018

Day 291 - Promises from Heaven

Today's Reading: Jer. 29-31 and Ps. 119:1-24

Today's reading holds promises that are especially near and dear to my heart. These promises have been such an encouragement to me over the years, and they are an encouragement to me again today.

Let me share them again here:

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." (Jer. 29:11-13)

"For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD..." (Jer. 30:17)

"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." (Jer. 31:3)

"Thus saith the LORD; A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rahel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children, because they were not. Thus saith the LORD; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the LORD; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy. And there is hope in thine end, saith the LORD, that thy children shall come again to their own border." (Jer. 31:15-17)

"I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul." (Jer. 31:25)

If you've been broken, if you have felt forgotten at times by the Lord, if you've been wounded, if you are weary, or if you have children (even spiritual children) that are wandering, these promises are for you! What comfort there is in these promises from Heaven. 

Tomorrow's Reading: Jer. 32-33 and John 12

No comments:

Post a Comment