Monday, October 01, 2018

Day 274 - A Crown for my Lord!

Today's Reading: Isa. 61-62 and Hebrews. 12

Love the encouragement of Isa. 61:3 where God promises to give beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. How beautiful to see that God will someday take away all our tears and pain...

However, what I really LOVE about today's reading is Isa. 62:3.... but first, let me share some background. I've blogged about this before...

In Proverbs 12:4 we are told, "A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband!" I think this is a beautiful illustration of what a godly woman should be to her earthly husband, as she brings him honor and helps him shine for God's glory. But I believe the deeper meaning is this: we as the church are Christ' bride, and when we are faithful, we are actually a CROWN of GLORY to JESUS! Isn't this amazing?

Look at this corresponding Bible passage from today's: "Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God..." (Isa. 62:3) See the Bible says it right here! :-)

Wow! I want to be a crown of glory in the hand of my Lord! How about you?

Tomorrow's Reading: Isa. 63-64 and Hebrews 13

No comments:

Post a Comment