Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Bread shall be given, water shall be sure!

I continue to be amazed at how God provides for me. Just returned from a trip, and the bank account is low. In the mail I find one of my monthly bills. And also in the mail I find a check from a generous anonymous friend, just enough funds, to cover my current needs. God is sooooo good!!!

Isaiah 33:16 says, "He shall dwell on high: his place of defense shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure."

The last few days I've been reading the book Early Writings. I've read here and there, but never straight through before. It's fascinating! At one point the author talks about not worrying about the future time of trouble because at that time God will take care of us. But how will we have faith then that He will take care of us? It's by learning to trust Him now! (You can read more about this on page 56!)

Another part that really spoke to me is where the author talked about how, when we get discouraged, our guardian angels weep with us. At this time, God sends more angels to strengthen and encourage us. If we accept the courage and look up in faith, there is rejoicing in Heaven, but if we keep our eyes downward, the light they've brought will eventually go out. (You can read more about this on page 38-39) It's so important that we accept by faith the light and courage God brings, with our without corresponding feelings. Otherwise, we may loose it. And we must keep reminding ourselves that our feelings are NOT the indicator of our acceptance with God. Let us continue to walk by faith!

I'm also thankful for the promise that, "The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him and delivereth them." (Ps. 34:7) I've felt that deliverance and that encouragement so many times, and I'm so grateful!

Review:
  • Bible Thought: God supplies our daily needs. He also sends His angels to strengthen and protect us.
  • Blessing: More answers to prayer, and my daily needs are provided.
  • Battles: To keep my eyes heavenward, and not get discouraged when I see darkness around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment