Tuesday, June 11, 2013

When Jesus Prays for Us…

I have a plaque on my wall that reminds me of my best friends. (Pictured here with me.) 

The plaque says, "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words." 

How true this is of Valerie (far left), Season (green), Vanessa (far right), (and Heather, Kim, Sunny, Sue, and others not pictured) and it is symbolic to me because our dearest friends can read our hearts, even when we cannot speak or sing.

But how much more beautifully can Christ read our heart? 

John 16:23,24, one of my favorite verses on prayer, states: 


"And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give [it] you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full." 

Commenting on this passage, the book Desire of Ages says:

"The Prayer of the humble suppliant [Jesus] presents as His own desire in that soul's behalf. Every sincere prayer is heard in Heaven. It may not be fluently expressed; but if the heart is in it, it will ascend to the sanctuary where Jesus ministers, and He will present it to the Father without one awkward, stammering word, beautiful and fragrant with he incense of His own perfection." p. 667

Isn't that beautiful? It matters not how eloquent we are, how knowledgeable or how great we are at communicating. What matters is the sincere desire of our heart. Jesus takes our feeble prayers and covers them with His glory, and as a result, answers come!!!!! And although my best friends even seem to read my heart, even when the words aren't quite right, what Jesus can do is even better than our bestest friend. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment