Sunday, June 16, 2013

Whose am I?


Today I plan to write more about the prayer journey God took me on last week

For now here is a quick gem of thought my friend Annie shared this week. I thought it was so profound, I want us all to contemplate this today. This came from a message by Elizabeth Elliot, one of my favorite authors:

"The point is NOT finding out who you are. Everyone is asking, 'Who am I?' and trying to 'find themselves.' I would like to say to the whole Christian world, 'would you just forget it! Get off that question forever and ask WHOSE am I? Then direct your energies not to finding out who you are, but to finding out who God is, WHO has called you.' This was the life-changing point God made to the unqualified Moses, 'Tell them I AM has sent you.' 

OH to know Him and be found IN Him, to live for Him, by Him. The One to whom I belong makes all the difference in the world!! It's not about who I am, but who is HE?? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment