Friday, March 02, 2018

Day 61 - I am Your Cloud!

Today's Reading: Num. 8-9 and Acts 16

I love how God sent a cloud to direct and lead the children of Israel. Usually the desert is a cold place to be at night, but the children of Israel weren't cold, for they had the cloud which was a fire by night. It provided light and it kept them warm. The desert can also be a very hot place during the day, but again they had the cloud to give them shade. But what I think is most fascinating about the cloud is that it directed them when it was time to move, and it stopped and settled in the new area where they were to pitch camp. How wonderful to have such a tangible evidence of God's direction and leading.

Have you ever wished for that "Cloud" to direct your life?

I know I have often wished for that cloud to be in my own life... "Lord, if You could just put a cloud in the sky and show me Your will, show me the direction that You want me to go... I will gladly go. But I just need that cloud to make things clear." (I've wished for that cloud regarding direction in what to do, direction in where to move, direction in where to work, direction in the choice of a life companion, and for many other decisions that I've prayed about over the years.) But as to date, I still don't think I've ever seen a cloud in the sky pointing the way. However, God has given me something much better. He's given me His Word! And every time I go to Him in humility of heart, begging that He show me the way... He's made a plain path for my feet!

In Christ Object Lessons we are told, "To those who in humility of heart seek for divine guidance, angels of God draw near." (p. 59)

Here's some promises God reminded me of this morning as I was reading this chapter and thinking about how nice it would be to have a modern day cloud -- and the Holy Spirit reminded me once again, "Don't You remember all the ways I've led you already, Melody? My Word is Your Cloud. I am Your Cloud."

Here's the promises I claim when needing that cloud:

Ps. 119:105 - "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

Isa. 30:21 - "And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."

Ps. 32:8 - "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."

Prov. 3:5,6 - "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

James 1:5 - "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

Isa 45:2,3 - "I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel."

2 Sam 22:31-33 - "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect."

Isa 4:5 - "And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defense."

God has been that Cloud in my life! When I've walked through the silent coldness of the desert night, He's been my warmth. When I've walked through the heat of the fires of affliction and storm, He's been my soothing shade and protection. These promises really do work! They are true! I've put God to the test over and over. I've put His Word to the test, and He's always answered... He always fulfilled His Word and has given me the guidance that I've asked for. And His guidance has always been good!

I am so thankful for my Cloud!

Tomorrow's Reading: Numbers 10-11 and Acts 17

No comments:

Post a Comment