Monday, March 26, 2018

Day 85 - Glory in Tribulation?

Today's Reading is: Deut. 23-24 and Rom. 5

Interesting to see how God kept His word in the curse against the Ammonites and Moabites (who did not feed Israelites when they fled Egypt and who hired Balaam to curse Israel), and how He kept His Word in mercy upon Edomites (because they are after all Ishmael's descendants, from the line of Abraham--and brethren of Israel).

But again what spoke to me today was my reading in the New Testament, in Romans 5. The few minutes that I take to blog this daily thought cannot do justice to the depth of these verses in Romans. But one thing I will comment on was Romans 5:1-5. It reads as follows:
"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." Vs. 1-5
So this is what causes me to pause? Glory in tribulation? How can we glory in tribulation?

We can glory in tribulation because we see the end result of that tribulation. For tribulation brings patience, which brings experience, which brings hope... Hope in what? Hope in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who ultimately will have the final say over all the powers of earth and hell.

Tribulation, trials, affliction, suffering, and etc etc etc are not easy... but I'm reminded of Psalm 119:71 and 75 which says: "It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me."

It's in HIS FAITHFULNESS that He allows us to walk through tribulation. So my prayer is that we can see these times of testing pain as a blessing and not a curse (I'm praying this for myself, not just for others!)... for when He hath tried us, we shall come forth as gold. That is His promise! And He always keeps His Word.

Tomorrow's Reading: Deut. 25-26 and Romans 6

No comments:

Post a Comment