Friday, March 16, 2018

Day 75 - Remember what I've done?

Today's Reading: Deut. 2-3 and Acts 26

For those that are following this blog, I apologize for the late posting for today. I have been struggling with my back all yesterday and last night, and can barely walk at the moment... I really don't know what I did, but I think I have some type of disc issues in my lumbar region... Somehow I threw myself out of joint and just walking from one side of the room to the other is a real chore at the moment. Very painful! Appreciate prayers for healing! I'm sitting on ice right now... actually not ice, but frozen blueberries. But they work just as well.

So here's a a few brief comments from today's reading that spoke to me: 

As Moses continues to recount God's leading, I was impressed with the reminders of God's faithfulness. Here's my paraphrase below of what I see God telling the children of Israel:

  • "Don't forget that for 40 years I have been with you. You may have complained a lot  but really, you lacked nothing." Deut 2:7
  • "Remember.... I gave you power to take all [so and so] cities and utterly destroy them... nothing was remaining. It was I who helped you do that." Deut 2:34
  • "There was not one city too strong for you because I am a strong God." Deut 2:36
  • "Infact, there was not a city that through my power you did not take." Deut 3"4
  • "And don't forget, all those cities that you took were fortified with high walls, gates, bars, etc... It would have been humanly impossible to break though. But they could not stand against you. You utterly destroyed them, because I gave them to you." Deut 3:5,6
  • "Remember King Og, he was a giant. His bed was made of iron, and it was 9 cubits in length and four cubits in width. That's nearly 13 feet long and 6 feet wide. Ahhh.... you were fearful of giants! But remember, I gave him to you." Deut 3:2,11
  • "You have seen what I did to the strong kings (like Og) who tried to oppose you. So I'm going to do the same thing to all the kingdoms through which you will pass. Don't fear them. Remember I, God, am the one that is fighting for you!" Deut 3:21,22
Yes, it is good to remember the ways of the Lord. If we would only remember how He's led us in the past, we've had more faith and confidence for the future. 

Tomorrow's Reading: Deut 4-5 and Acts 27

No comments:

Post a Comment