Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Day 65 - You are my Inheritance!

Today's Reading: Num. 17-19 and Acts 19

I enjoyed today's reading as I was reminded of the story of Aaron's budding rod that even bore ripe almonds overnight. WHAT A MIRACLE!!!! But what I wanted to comment on briefly was something else that spoke to my heart.

In Numbers 18:8-20 we see that the priests were permitted a certain portion of various offerings as compensation (vv. 8-11). They were also entitled to the first fruits of oil, wine, grain, and fruit (vv. 12, 13), to things devoted to the LORD (v. 14), and to the firstborn. In the case of firstborn sons and unclean animals, the priests received the redemption money in place of the sons or animals. In the case of sacrificial animals, the firstborn was sacrificed to the LORD, and the priests received their portion (vv. 17-19). But the part that touches me the most is that the priests did not receive any land because the Lord was to be their special portion and inheritance (v. 20).

Here's what the Bible says: "And the LORD spake unto Aaron, Thou shalt have no inheritance in their land, neither shalt thou have any part among them: I am thy part and thine inheritance among the children of Israel." Numbers 18:20

Here I see God telling Aaron... "You won't receive what the others do for inheritance. But don't worry, because I have something better for you! I WILL BE YOUR INHERITANCE!"

As I read this verse this morning, my heart cried out, "Lord, will YOU be my inheritance too? That's what I want with all my heart... " As one of my favorite songs go, "You can have the world but give me Jesus... " Just give me Jesus!

Tomorrow's Reading: Numbers 20-21 and Acts 20

No comments:

Post a Comment