Friday, April 20, 2018

Day 110 - Do we Weep for the Lost?

Today's Reading: Judges 21, Mark 7

In today's final chapter of Judges we see Israel weeping over the calamity of the tribe of Benjamin.

"And the people came to the house of God, and abode there till even before God, and lifted up their voices and wept sore; O Lord God of Israel, why is this come to pass in Israel, that there should be today one tribe lacking in Israel?" (vs.2-3)

As I was reading these verses I thought to myself, "Do we weep for the lost as we should? Do we approach the kingdom of heaven asking, 'How can one [of my family, of my church, of my tribe, of my neighbors, of my school, or of my work] be missing from the heavenly throng?' "

Inspiration tells us, "Only in eternity can we rightly estimate the loss of a single soul." (Great Controversy, p. 640)

I tend to weep over those that I know personally who are not walking with the Lord, but those I don't know... well, I have to admit that my heart is far too apathetic and cold. That's why I have to plead that God will change my heart, and give me HIS HEART for the lost, His heart of anguish for the world around us...

I have to share this short video -- an appeal given by David Wilkerson titled, "The Call to Anguish." This video stirs my heart every time I watch it. I think it's very fitting here. 

Let us pray that our hearts would be broken afresh for the world in need!

Tomorrow's Reading: Ruth 1-2, and Mark 8

No comments:

Post a Comment