Sunday, April 08, 2018

Day 98 - Not one thing has Failed that I've said...

Today's Reading: Joshua 20-22 and Ps. 39

[Personal note: Well, for those that follow the blog, today I obviously dropped the ball on posting! I read this morning and took my notes, but those notes never got to the Internet for many various reasons... It was a full day from start to finish, and here it is 11:00pm at night and I've just returned home from supper at a friend's house and an unplanned Bible study that followed, and I realized I still never posted the blog for Day 98! :-/ So I apologize... life happens! For those that still read, I pray you are blessed! This is going to be brief!]

In today's reading I loved how we see that God kept His promises to Israel and the land He promised them He has given them. In fact, we are told, not a man [not one man] of their enemies stood against them, because not a word failed of all that God promised them.

"There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass." Joshua 21:45

This also correlates to one of my very favorite promises in the Bible that will come in tomorrow's reading. But I'm going to mention it here. It is Josh 23:14. It says, "And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof."

This should give courage and hope to our generation today. The same God who kept His Word for the children of Israel still keeps His Word today! Imagine if young people could look up to the heaven's and realize with confidence that they serve a God who truly does keep His Word. Unfortunately we live in a generation of doubt of disbelief, of depersonalization of God. I long to see the faith of this generation restored. And reading the Bible restores our faith! As we see how God honored His Word before, we can have full confidence He will honor it again. As we are told in Inspiration, "The honor of His throne is staked for the fulfillment of His word unto us." (Christ Object Lessons, p. 148)

Wow!! Praise the Lord for these reminders!

Tomorrow's Reading: Josh 23-24 and Rom. 15

No comments:

Post a Comment