Saturday, February 08, 2014

Connecting - Part 2


"Then Jesus, moved with compassion, stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, 'I am willing; be cleansed'" (Mark 1:41).

Last time, we looked at the fact that when someone comes to us with a problem, as Jesus came to His disciples in the Garden of Gethsemane, she is probably not looking for us to solve her problem as much as she is seeking connection. So how do we connect with one another?

First, we need to have the motivation to connect.

When the leper in our verse for today came to Jesus with his problem, Jesus was moved with compassion. And that compassion made Him willing to connect with him, which allowed God to flow His healing through Him to the man.

Lord, I have no compassion on my own. I desperately need and want You to move me with Your compassion when a struggling person comes to me for connection. Each and every human being is precious to You. May each and every human being be precious to me, too. Thank You for doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment