Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Let Us Rise!

I am amazed at the train of events and happenings as of late.  Truly the signs of times are all around us.  I am even more amazed at my spiritual apathy to these obvious events. The more clear the realities of Jesus' coming become the more lethargic, complacent, and ingrained I seem to find myself in the realities of what and who I am.

As of late I have been often reminded of the Apostle Paul's cry saying "who shall save me from this body of death?!"  Yet even more clearly I can hear the clarion response;  Romans 8:34 >> Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Truly this world and the things of it are growing increasingly meaningless, worthless, and empty to my heart.  The realities of those once little besetting sins that seemed almost insignificant years ago now are like mountains in the way of a better country, an eternal inheritance, an immortal intimacy with Jesus.

To me now a relationship with Jesus is the only thing to be prized yet seeing these areas of my heart that steal that reality gives my heart an even deeper heart longing for freedom, victory, completeness, and wholeness in Jesus Christ.  These realities perhaps for me are the greatest reality of Jesus' soon coming.

Lets press on oh saints of God.  Let us realize that being holy and acting righteously is not so much about being and doing.  Being holy is most about being wholly in the loving arms of your Saviour at the expense of all else that would keep you there and being righteous is about being right with Him all the time allowing Him to have the best of you and you to have the best of Him at the expense of those things that would steal this experience. 

Let us not be deceived any longer.  Let us let go of those things that steal our love experience from and with Him.  Let us allow our love relationship with Jesus arise to the top of all things in our lives.


Matt F Mattzela

No comments:

Post a Comment