Monday, January 01, 2018

Day 1 - Learning to Rest in Him!

Today's Reading: Genesis 1-2 and Matt. 1

Today I was reminded of the miracle of the six day CREATION, which culminated with a day set-apart to rest and remember -- Remember who? The amazing God that created us! This day of rest also represents our rest under the righteousness of Christ. God literally took a great void and filled this void with a world and vibrant life. And that's what He longs to do in our lives as well. The problem is, we don't realize we have nothing...we are completely void without Him.

This morning as I read, I was reminded afresh of the miracle of RE-creation that God longs to work in my life and heart. It's not something I can do...it's a supernatural work that He alone can do. And yet, as He breathes fresh life into my soul, He gives me a task. Just as He called Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply, He calls ME today to be fruitful and multiply. But how can I bear fruit for His glory? I have nothing good to offer? My life is barren? The answer is by staying connected to and abiding in the Heavenly Vine.

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:4,5

So lesson for today -- Stay connected, and keep RESTING in Him!


1 comment:

  1. Praise God! Such a wonderful promise that not only we can rest in Him during Sabbath, but every day we have this great privilege. Praying to stay connected to Him all time. Thank you and God bless

    ReplyDelete