Monday, January 15, 2018

Day 15 - A Call to the Weary - That's Me!

Today's Reading Gen. 30-31 and Matt. 11

I love today's reading in Matthew 11, especially because I've just returned from almost a month of being on the road, and I'm quite weary: From Baltimore Maryland to Loma Linda California, to Phoenix Arizona, back to Loma Linda, then on to Spokane WA, and to Trout Creek Montana, then back to Spokane, and a flight to Eugene Oregon, and then down to Roseburg. Then early today from Roseburg, up to Eugene, then a flight to Seattle and finally back to Baltimore Maryland. Yeah! God is good!

Jesus has a special call for the weary. "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matt. 11:28-30)

I'm so thankful to be home and to be resting in the arms of Jesus! When I get caught up on sleep and rest and re-oriented, I might have a few deeper thoughts to share...but right now... my brain is weary, and my body is weary. I'm just thankful for Christ' call to rest.

Tomorrow's reading: Gen. 32-33 & Matt. 12


No comments:

Post a Comment