Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Day 135 - As for God His Way is Perfect


Today's Reading: 2 Sam. 21-22 and 1 Cor. 9

Today's reading contains one of my favorite passages in the whole Bible. In fact, I remind myself of this again and again, especially when I don't understand the pathway that God is leading me on.

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: and he taketh my way perfect." (2 Sam. 22:31-33)

As I look back on these past 25 years of life and ministry, I recognize how different everything has turned out than I hoped or planned in my early youth. Nope! This definitely was not what I envisioned for my future. Yet, I have to say, God really is good... and the life He's given me is so much better than I hoped or planned. God truly knows what He's doing...and if we keep following Him, He will lead us in that perfect path. It doesn't mean it is always easy... (It hasn't been easy for me, still isn't at times). It doesn't mean there is no pain (there's been pain and lots of tears along the way). But oh... how can I describe the joy, the fulfillment, the peace of knowing you are following His path and His will. It also gives me peace knowing that the life He leads us on is just what we need to prepare us for Heaven, and to help prepare those around us from heaven. That's why I take comfort in these passages! 

In the words from Inspiration we are told:
"In the future life the mysteries that here have annoyed and disappointed us will be made plain. We shall see that our seemingly unanswered prayers and disappointed hopes have been among our greatest blessings." (Help in Daily Living, p. 13)
"God never leads His children otherwise than they would choose to be led, if they could see the end from the beginning, and discern the glory of the purpose which they are fulfilling as co-workers with Him. Not Enoch, who was translated to heaven, not Elijah, who ascended in a chariot of fire, was greater or more honored than John the Baptist, who perished alone in the dungeon. “Unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on Him, but also to suffer for His sake.” Philippians 1:29. And of all the gifts that Heaven can bestow upon men, fellowship with Christ in His sufferings is the most weighty trust and the highest honor." (Desire of Ages, p. 224)
So as I sit here in the bustling city of Manila Philippines, preparing to speak to more hungry souls who are eager to go deeper in their walk with Christ, I am reminded again, that God's way is best. This may not have been the path of my choosing... I'm homesick, I'm tired, a bit travel weary and craving some personal quiet space, privacy and rest... but God led me here to this beautiful country and these beautiful people. I know this is the path of God's choosing, and He knows best! And I rejoice that I have the joy and privilege of walking with Him and seeing lives changed for eternity!

Tomorrow's Reading: 2 Sam. 23-24 and 1 Cor. 10

No comments:

Post a Comment