Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Day 136 - Holding Tight to our Sword

Today's Reading: 2 Sam. 23-24 and 1 Cor. 10

Quick thoughts from today's reading... I really love the section on David's Mighty Men. It reminds me of what I believe that God's people are suppose to be today... in spiritual strength and might.

I especially love 2 Sam. 23:10 where it says, "His hand [clung] unto his sword: and the Lord wrought a great victory."

I wonder if we would cling with unyielding faith to our Sword, the Word of God, what victories would we see God given in our day? I'm sure more giants would be overthrown, more captives and prisoners delivered, and more people brought into the safety of the King's fold. The problem is, instead of leaning upon the Word of God in prayer and faith, we are fighting these spiritual battles in our own strength... and we don't hold on to the Sword.

My prayer is that God will raise up more MIGHTY MEN [and women!] to stand strong for His Kingdom! Men and women that will hold tightly to the Sword!

Tomorrow's Reading: 1 Kings 1-2 and Psalms 55

No comments:

Post a Comment