Saturday, August 04, 2018

Day 216 - He Giveth Songs in the Night

Today's Reading: Job 35-36 and Philippians 1

Today a couple things really encourage my heart. First, I love Job 35:10, "Where is God my maker, who giveth songs in the night."

Yes, even in the dark night seasons, God can continue to put songs of joy in our hearts. He has done it for me and I know He is doing it for many others. Actually, to be honest, I have found that singing, especially when I'm afraid or discouraged, is great at helping me feel calm and that He is near.

"When the enemy comes with his darkness, sing faith and talk faith, and you will find that you have sung and talked yourself into the light."  (Mind, Character and Personality, vol. 2, p. 650)

Secondly, I also enjoyed starting Philippians 1 today: And being reminded that the work God has started in us, He will be faithful to complete. 

Paul also reminds us, "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain." I actually gain when I die... 

As long as we are in Christ, we lose nothing in those night seasons, or in the valley of death. And the songs we sing reminds us of the morning that is coming. For to die, truly is gain. To die to self is gain, to die in Christ is gain... 

Tomorrow's Reading: Job 37-38 and Ps. 88

No comments:

Post a Comment