Friday, August 31, 2018

Day 243 - I Have Found Him whom my Soul Loveth!

Today's Reading: Song. 3-4 and 1 Tim. 4

More beautiful reading from Song of Solomon. I have found Him whom my soul loveth! Have you found Him?? HE truly is amazing... A well of water springing up into everlasting life, a well that never fails to quench my thirst!

I love Song. 4:15, "A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon."

Commenting on this verse, Ellen White writes:
"Give, and it shall be given unto you” (Luke 6:38); for the word of God is “a fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams of Lebanon” (Song of Solomon 4:15). The heart that has once tasted the love of Christ, cries out continually for a deeper draft, and as you impart you will receive in richer and more abundant measure. Every revelation of God to the soul increases the capacity to know and to love. The continual cry of the heart is, “More of Thee,” and ever the Spirit’s answer is, “Much more.” Romans 5:9, 10. For our God delights to do “exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think.” Ephesians 3:20.
Of course, Song of Solomon was not just designed to be a beautiful metaphor of love drawing us to Christ, but an actual illustration of the beautiful love that could be between a man and a woman... But why was marriage given? It was given to show the Father's love and to give a representation of the sacred and tender union that exists between Christ and His people.

I think the main beauty of this book is the picture of what Christ longs to be to His church.

Here's more from Inspiration that I'm appreciating as I read through these beautiful passages:
Like every other one of God’s good gifts entrusted to the keeping of humanity, marriage has been perverted by sin; but it is the purpose of the gospel to restore its purity and beauty. In both the Old and the New Testament the marriage relation is employed to represent the tender and sacred union that exists between Christ and His people, the redeemed ones whom He has purchased at the cost of Calvary. “Fear not,” He says; “thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is His name; and thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.” “Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I am married unto you.” Isaiah 54:4, 5; Jeremiah 3:14. In the “Song of Songs” we hear the bride’s voice saying, “My Beloved is mine, and I am His.” And He who is to her “the chiefest among ten thousand,” speaks to His chosen one, “Thou art all fair, My love; there is no spot in thee.” Song of Solomon 2:16; 5:10; 4:7. (Thoughts from the Mount of Blessings, p. 64)
Unfortunately much of modern day Christianity and worship, it seems, is built around US... around our love, around our perspectives and feelings of God, rather than around God Himself and who He really is. Devotion has turned into a very subjective experience and that’s why I think people walk away so easily when storms arise. But I believe if we really TRULY come to KNOW God personally on a deep level, if we truly come to taste and see that He is good (even when life isn’t always good), we won’t just be singing and thinking about ourselves anymore.... we will be exalting His name and all the magnificence that HE is. And like the bride of Solomon we will cry out: “I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go...” (Song 3:4) And I will NEVER let Him go!!

Christ’ love for His bride (that’s you and me) is difficult to comprehend, for when He chose us, we were not fair. He chose us and died for us WHILE we were yet sinners..... Yet, difficult as it is to understand, WE are the ones whom His soul loves. And He saw past our sins, past the hurt we would bring Him, and He saw what His rescued and ransomed bride could become thru the power of the Holy Spirit. He gave all His love for us... won’t we give all our love to Him?

Tomorrow's Reading: Song 5-6 and 1 Tim 5

No comments:

Post a Comment