Monday, August 06, 2018

Day 218 - Who can Instruct God?

Today’s Reading: Job 39-40 Phil 2.

[Greetings en route from Montana back to Maryland! What a fabulous last several days of reading that I’ve had. I’ve been enjoying it so much, even though I haven’t been able to get online and post, what a blessing just reflecting afresh on the beautiful Word of God. Now that I’m back in the land of the Internet world, I’m going to copy and paste over notes that I took on my phone these last several days.]

In today’s reading of Job, God puts Job in his place as He speaks more about His amazing creation and majesty... and Job is completely humbled. When God finally gives Job a chance to speak, his first words are, “I am vile! What more can I answer thee...”

I expect that’s probably what all of our responses would be if we truly confronted the majesty of God face to face.... For when we truly recognize who God is, and when we truly see his glory... all we can do is fall in the dust and cry... “Woa is me!”

Job’s response reminds me of Isaiah’s response when he beheld the glory of God. “Woa is me! I’m a man of unclean lips.”

However, it is at the point of recognition of our great utter deprivation and need that Jesus can bend closest, for our greatest argument for His great mercy is our great need. And Job recognizes that at last… it’s not that he’s lived a perfect and upright life… apart from Christ that is still nothing. All our righteousness is still as filthy rags….

Tomorrow's Reading: Job 41-42 and Phil. 3

No comments:

Post a Comment