Thursday, November 01, 2018

Day 305 - How Sweet are His Words!

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 2-3 and Ps. 119:97-120

While my official reading in Psalms is verses 97-120, there are so many in this section that just grab my heart today!

"My soul fainted for thy salvation, but I hope in thy word.(81) Let thy tender mercies come unto me that I may live: for thy law is my delight.(77) Oh how I love thy law! It is my meditation (97)... How sweet are thy words unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth.(103) Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.(105) Thy testimonies have I taken as an Heritage forever. For they are the rejoicing of my heart.(111) Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word. (114)”

Over and over we see David's heart crying out for salvation, and expressing his love for the Word and his love for God's law. Is that our reaction, is that our desire as well?

How these passages echo the cry of my own heart this morning. How I want to be a vessel used for His glory, how I long for a genuinely pure heart, pure motives, untainted thoughts, sweet attitudes... I fall so short, but yet He is so good and He keeps picking me up and helping me refocus on Him. How I long for the day though, when there will be no more tempter to pull our mind, our thoughts, our feet astray... How I long most of all, for more of HIM!

[Today I set to the airways again this time heading for Iceland. It's already snowing there. I've been asked to go and do a woman's prayer conference for the church there. I will also be traveling around Iceland and speaking at many of their churches. The church is small in Iceland, only a few hundred members, and there is a lot of struggles. They need our prayers, and I need prayer as I minister to them over the next 10 days! I return to the states November 11th.

Since I'm not sure on my Internet access or availability, I've actually studied ahead and written some of the following Bible blogs ahead. Please keep me in prayer. Pray for a revival in Iceland.]


Tomorrow's Reading: Ezekiel 4-5 and James 1

No comments:

Post a Comment