Monday, November 12, 2018

Day 316 - Don't cry for the Dead, Cry for your Sins!

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 24-25 and 1 Pet. 3

Today's reading was interesting and seemed harsh as God tells Ezekiel, "I am going to take away the desire of your eyes, but you are not to mourn or weep or allow your tears to flow." And that very day Ezekiel's wife dies... (Ezekiel 24:18)

Why would God say such a thing to Ezekiel... It's because He had to say the same thing to Israel. "I'm going to take away your children from you because you have profaned my sanctuary. But you are not to weep for your children. Instead you are to weep for your sins." God wants Israel to see the dreadful seriousness of sin. When a loved one dies, that is tragic, but when our love for God dies, how even more tragic. God tells Israel, "Do as Ezekiel has done. Don't cry for the dead, but cry for your iniquities (vs. 23). For Israel is suffering a spiritual death, and how much more serious is this..."

What a hard task for Ezekiel and what a hard lesson for Israel... It seems because of their stubbornness and pride, God had to go to extra-ordinary lengths to get their attention. I pray He does not have to go to such lengths today to get our attention. May we sigh and cry for the abominations done in the land, may we weep for sin and seek His mercy and grace and forgiveness while the door of salvation is still open. May we not just weep for our sins, but turn from our sins... before it's too late.

"Search me oh God and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts, and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Ps. 139:23,24)

[Note: For all those following my Iceland trip.... I've posted videos and updates on social media - Facebook/Instagram etc. But anyway.... God really blessed my time in Iceland. We saw some real miracles while I was there. I know it's because so many people have been praying. I hope those prayers will continue. I'm home safely to Maryland now. Had a good flight back yesterday. Thankfully it was a straight flight back to Baltimore. Been waking up since 1am though... because of the jet lag... Iceland is 5 hours ahead. ;-) Now I have a couple days to work and re-organize myself and then I'm off for Cuba. Cuba will be another difficult trip. But not because the people aren't hungry... in Cuba, the people recognize their spiritual need and they are very hungry. But it's a communist country and there are already a number of obstacles that have popped up for the conference leaders. And we haven't yet been granted our proper Visa's. So special prayer needed for this trip as well now.... Oh my. I'm so looking forward to heaven when the spiritual battles will be over, FOR GOOD!]

Tomorrow's Reading: Ezek. 26-27 and 1 Pet. 4




No comments:

Post a Comment