Sunday, November 11, 2018

Day 315 - Who will Stand in the Gap?

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 22-23 and Ps. 120-122

The sins of Jerusalem are high unto heaven... The Bible tells us, "The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and the needy; yea, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully." (Ezek. 22:29)

And what is God's response? He's looking for intercessors, He's looking for people to stand in the gap and pray... 

"And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." (Ezek. 22:30)

I think God is giving the same call today! Where are those who will stand in the gap and pray? Where are all those that will seek to fill in the breaches that sin has wrought? Is there anyone? Is there anyone shining His light in the darkness?

I love the following passages from Psalms 120-122:

"In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me." Ps. 120:1

"He will not suffer thy foot to be moved; he that keepeth thee will not slumber." Ps. 121:3

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee." Ps. 122:6

God hears our prayers on behalf of Jerusalem, on behalf of the spiritual Jerusalem and Israel of today. He's not sleeping. And as we pray, He will answer our prayers. The questions is, will we stand in the gap? Will we shine even in the darkness?

Tomorrow's Reading: Ezekiel 24-25 and 1 Pet. 3

No comments:

Post a Comment