Thursday, November 22, 2018

Day 326 - I am their Inheritance!

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 44-45 and Ps. 129-131

I love this simple thought in Ezekiel 44. And that is that God is our inheritance!

The context is that in Ezekiel 44, God is giving instructions to the Levites, as they are set apart:

"And in the day that he goeth into the sanctuary, unto the inner court, to minister in the sanctuary, he shall offer his sin offering, saith the Lord GOD." (vs. 27)

And then God's Word gives this beautiful statement of promise for the Levites. 

"And it shall be unto them for an inheritance: I am their inheritance: and ye shall give them no possession in Israel: I am their possession." (vs. 28)

Now, I know that this is written to the Levites, but seriously... isn't this a beautiful gift God has given them. HE is their possession. He is their inheritance. How much better can it get for us today as Christians? 

There's a beautiful song by Fernando Ortega that I just love... "Give me Jesus." That is the cry of my heart today! 

Truly He is our inheritance and our possession. We can lose everything else... and many have already. But still in Him, we are blessed. So many many blessings! And our reward is coming! 

Happy Thanksgiving friends!

Tomorrow's Reading: Ezekiel 46-47 and 1 John 3


No comments:

Post a Comment