Friday, November 29, 2013

Don't have time to pray??


As it has often been said, history is silent regarding the accounts of revivals that did not begin with prayer.  Why? Because they didn’t happen. No true biblically based revival has ever occurred anywhere throughout history apart from earnest prayer and sincere searching of God’s Word.
Furthermore, it could probably be shown on the record books of heaven that, no one has ever come to Christ who did not at once learn to pray.  The prayer might have only been, “Lord remember me!” as cried the thief on the cross next to Christ. Or it might have been the agonizing heart wrenching cries of a poor publican, “Lord, please be merciful to me a sinner.” In some case, maybe there have been no audible words at all, only the hidden longing of a thirsty heart. But whatever the form, in some way, once we become a true child of God, we pray. And if we remain a child of God, we pray. Prayer to the converted soul becomes as natural as taking another breathe.
So where do you stand my friend? Or where, should I say, do you kneel? Do you hunger to talk with God each day…? Or have you fallen away, like the person in the following poetic lines, trapped with the endless tasks at hand? Have you become too busy to pray?

I got up early one morning
And rushed right into the day!
I had so much to accomplish
That I didn't have time to pray.

Problems just tumbled about me,
And heavier came each task.
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered.
He answered, "You didn't ask!"

I tried to come into God's presence;
I used all my keys at the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided,
"Why, child, you didn't knock!"

I wanted to see joy and beauty,
But the day toiled on, gray and bleak.
I wondered why God didn't show me.
He said, "But you didn't seek."

I woke up early this morning,
And paused before entering the day.
I had so much to accomplish
That I had to take time to pray!

By Grace L. Naessen

Let's remember what really matters. Let's talk time to talk to our Heavenly father. Let's take time to pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment