Saturday, November 23, 2013

His Strength is made perfect in our Weakness…

These past few weeks have been a flurry of activity…with two different writing deadlines, as well as programs to plan for our next Bible Camp event, 2 television programs to prepare script for, and a month's worth of classes to organize for Bangladesh, there has been NOT A MOMENT to spare. (That's why I'm not managing to keep up with "Morning Sonshine" these days, for those of you readers that may have noticed! Thanks again Chelsey for pitching in.)

However, even in the midst of my flurry of never ending activity, I'm so thankful to know that God is on His throne and He's not hurried, nor are His feathers ever ruffled. I mean, can you ever imagine God up in Heaven saying, "Oh no! Oh no! I've got so much to do!!! How am I ever going to get it all done in time? What if I can't manage to help Melody today? What if I don't meet my deadlines for the other 8 billion people that need my watch care simply to have another day of life?" 

No, God's not doing that! He's got the whole world in His hands, yet He sits unruffled above it all. And He cares for each one of us as if there was only one of us! 

He's come through for me over and over again these past few weeks. One day this past week, I sat down at my computer and I told God, "I need to write this chapter, but I have no idea how I'm going to do it. I have no inspiration and I'm completely exhausted." I actually felt like crying, to be honest.

However, after some extended time in prayer, and taking some extra time in the Word, I told God, "You said your strength is made perfect in our weakness, well, I'm going to take your Word for it. I'm going to start writing, whether I feel like it or not, and I'm trusting you will show me what to say."

Would you believe it?? He did!!! He gave me the layout for one of the most difficult and yet important chapters in the book, and it came to me when I was feeling at a complete loss of where to begin. Truly, His grace is made perfect in our weakness.

So as you begin another day, no matter how overwhelmed, exhausted, or over-loaded and uninspired you may feel, just continue to surrender your burdens and your weakness to God. He's got the whole world in His hands…He can handle you!

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Cor. 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment