Sunday, May 19, 2013

Is Christ at Home?

Is Christ at HOME in your home and heart? Is He at home in mine? 

My friend Annie shared this quote and thought a little while back, and I thought I'd repost it for today's Morning Sonshine as it's well worth contemplating! :-)

"If you desire Christ for a perpetual guest, give Him ALL the keys of your heart; let not one cabinet be locked up from Him; give Him the range of every room, and the key of every chamber; thus you will constrain Him to remain." - Spurgeon 

Annie continues…"Every dollar in savings, every internet hour, every Saturday evening, every item of clothing, every task before me, every future plan, every hope… It all goes to Thee, the worthy One of my life. He who humbled Himself and was obedient unto death, my death! Shall I hold anything back, however small, for the One who gave everything for me, of worth far greater than I can fathom?"

Review: 
  • Bible Thought: "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." 1 Cor. 6:19,20
  • Blessing: That Christ even wants to live in this (my heart) home, is unbelievable! So amazing!
  • Battles: To not let in any intruders. I pray everyday, "Lord, please don't allow the enemy a foot-hold in my heart or in my home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment