Tuesday, May 28, 2013

No strength except His Strength!

Sometimes I find myself so utterly void of strength for the work at hand. I just don't know how I can write, how I can speak, how I can work with the effectiveness needed, especially when you consider the work that should be done.

[To the left I stand overlooking Hong Kong, a city population of over 7 million! What we are doing in ministry and even in the church is hardly a drop in the bucket compared with the ever expanding unbelieving population of our world.]

However, while I feel no strength, and am hardly a mouse in the corner considering the vast need, God has gently reminded me that it's not my strength that is to do the work anyway…it is His! Praise the Lord for this! So rather than looking at my weakness or my own inadequacies, I look to Him!

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." 2 Cor. 12:9,10 

I love this quote and since I'm claiming it today as I move forward, I thought I'd share it for today's Morning Sonshine.

"Nothing is apparently more helpless, yet really more invincible, than the soul that feels its nothingness and relies wholly on the merits of the Saviour. By prayer, by the study of His word, by faith in His abiding presence, the weakest of human beings may live in contact with the living Christ, and He will hold them by a hand that will never let go." Ministry of Healing, p. 182

"There is no limit to the usefulness of the one who, putting self aside, makes room for the working of the Holy Spirit upon his heart, and lives a life wholly consecrated to God." Christan Service, p. 254

Review:

  • Bible Thought: His strength is made perfect in our weakness!
  • Blessing: That the work being accomplished is NOT dependent on my strength or skill. 
  • Battle: To allow Christ to do the work in me that He came to earth to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment