Saturday, May 25, 2013

Perfect Peace…even in the Storms!


"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isa. 26:3

"He who commits his soul to Jesus need not despond. We have an all-powerful Saviour. Looking to Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith, you can say, “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea” (Psalm 46:1, 2) Let us have more confidence in our Redeemer. Turn not from the waters of Lebanon to seek refreshment at broken cisterns, which can hold no water. Have faith in God. Trustful dependence on Jesus makes victory not only possible but certain. Though multitudes are pressing on in the wrong way, though the outlook be ever so discouraging, yet we may have full assurance in our Leader; for “I am God,” He declares, “and there is none else” (Isaiah 45:22). He is infinite in power, and able to save all who come to Him. There is no other in whom we can safely trust." In Heavenly Places, p. 17

Review
  • Bible Thought: Perfect peace…not imperfect, not partial, or anything else. We can have perfect peace in Christ.
  • Blessings: So thankful that even in the midst of storms, we can have peace. Jesus is our safety, and I will trust in Him, no matter what happens around me!
  • Battles: To continue to walk with Christ…even as the storms increase. (And in all reality, I don't feel like I'm facing storms, like many have this past week.) But each day, every time God asks me to do something, I have the choice to obey or to follow my own will. So this is the storm I refer to…the spiritual battle to yield self and continue to take up my cross! I will not turn to broken cisterns for help!

1 comment:

  1. When you get a moment, can you post tips & tricks for EGW studies? I've learned how to do Bible studies(word searches, compare/contrast, etc.). But needs resources for learning to really study EGW. THX!

    ReplyDelete