Friday, August 16, 2013

God has NOT forgotten you…

Do you ever feel like God has forgotten you? You know in your heart He hasn't, but sometimes when you've prayed for years about something…about a hope, a dream, a loved one that you want to see come to know the Lord, and still God does not answer, it is easy to feel neglected or forgotten. Especially when you see others getting what they pray for while you seem left behind. 

If you've ever felt this way, you are not alone. I've felt this way at times. Although I daily see answers to prayer, some prayers I've been praying for years God seems to be ignoring…or at least delaying in answering. (For we are told there is no prayer that He ignores!) 

However, we can be encouraged. Even in the Bible we see those of Zion crying, "The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me."

But listen to God's response

"Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." Isa. 49:14-16

While traveling with my best friend this past week, I heard a song I'd never heard before called "Not forgotten." The words and music are by Twila Paris, but Naomi Jackson sings the song. The lyrics go like this:

When you think your dream is dying
He has not forgotten you
When your body aches from trying'
He has not forgotten you
When you worry for tomorrow
Even though the sky is blue
See the sun is shining
He has not forgotten you

When July feels like December
He has not forgotten you
When it's painful to remember
He has not forgotten you
When it seems you cannot win
And there is not much left to lose
He has got a plan
And He has not forgotten you

And hope will spring eternal
In the home of those who know
That loving eyes will follow
Everywhere we go
And even in the darkness
His promises are true
Keep this in your heart
He has not forgotten you 

No comments:

Post a Comment