Friday, August 30, 2013

Time Out…with God!

I've been on a marathon the last month. And lots of exciting things have happened, however, I need some TIME-OUT to regroup my thoughts and catch my breath spiritually. 

So that's exactly what I am doing! 

The next few days (til Sept. 1st),  I'm going to be off the computer and not posting a "Morning Sonshine" blog. I plan to spend some extra time in prayer and study, and regroup so I can finish this book. 

Time-Out is awesome and I always come back so rejuvenated!! I've done this off and on through the years, kinda like a little get-away with God and it's always such a blessing. Sometimes I go somewhere special, like the picture above taken on one of my favorite days out with God along the Oregon coast, and sometimes I just cuddle up with my Bible at home, but it's always a blessing. 

As I take this time away, I've decided I'm not going to worry about my blog posting for the next couple days. Instead, I'm going to challenge those of you that are regular readers to also take your own get-away time with God. I would recommend staying away from the computer and media and TV and any other electronic distractors except for essential phone usage. And of course, if you care for family members, you can't shut them off. But just pray that God will give you some extra time and space to spend with Him. Then on this next Sunday, send me a message on this post and let me know what God did for you during your own time out! And I'll share the same!

"Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while…" Mark 6:31

No comments:

Post a Comment