Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sometimes you just need a good cry!


  1. Sometimes you just need a good cry! Today was one of those days for me. God has been so good to me, and yet… I face some very real challenges and trials. Sometimes  all I can do is go running to my Savior in tears, and that's what happened today…

  2. Since I lead a very active happy and fulfilled life and work full time in ministry, when I share that I have "down days" and trials too, sometimes I find people looking at me in amazement. "For real?" I just have to smile. It's too bad most leaders can't be real because, "Yep, for real!" In fact, if you think Satan is attacking you, he's attacking us on the front lines twice as hard. It's just that most of the time, we don't share it or show it. 

The reality for me though is, that although I do have my down moments, and I do shed my tears from time to time, God is always very near. And my first action when feeling this way is to go running to Him. He is truly my source of comfort and strength. I don't always feel the reality of His presence, but I trust His Word. I've chosen to base my life on His Word, so whether I feel His love or not, I know He is near and I know He hears. And when I act by faith, even when I don't feel it, the feelings soon follow. (Like today for example… This morning I cried my heart out to God about something I'm struggling with. I was so discouraged. But I gave my burdens to God. At the time, I didn't feel the warmth of His presence, but I gave my struggles to Him and told Him I was claiming His promises, even though I didn't feel them. And now… a few hours later, I actually feel them. He has answered and is answering and giving me the strength I need. The trial has not gone away, but God has given me strength to bare it and to move forward. He is so good!)

I pray He may be your strength and comfort as well, no matter what challenge or trial you may be facing.

For devotions, I'm continuing to follow Revived by His Word, and we are currently reading through the Psalms. But for these Morning Sonshine thoughts, I've been impressed to share other random thoughts from my life or different reading. 

Today, I want to share the lyrics for the song I've been humming to myself today…it's called, "He Giveth More Grace." That's what we need today! More grace… 

  1. He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
    He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
    To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
    To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.
  2. When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
    When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
    When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
    Our Father’s full giving is only begun.
  3. Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
    Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
    Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
    The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.
  4. His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
    His power no boundary known unto men;
    For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
    He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I spent yesterday weeping. It was harder for me to pull through it as I dealt with guilt over my sadness besides. I was looking for a reason why and feeling shame for it all. Yes. ..I can see it more clearly now. I just needed a good cry. I have been physically and emotionally spent. .. and tears can be cleansing. I am praising the Lord for this clearer understanding. Thanks for sharing. If only I could have seen this earlier. Satan pounces on us in our weakness to bring us further down. From now on. .. I realize my only safety when I am so weak is to lean on the arms of One that I know loves me in spite of my frailties. Then when I am weak I may lean on Him and learn His strength. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Wisdom from a 3 year old: after comforting a grandson and telling him he was a good boy because he stopped crying he said: sometimes your heart just needs to cry it out so it can feel better.
    Our of the mouth of babes!

    ReplyDelete