Wednesday, August 21, 2013

One day at a time…

As I write this, I'm down at the AR-LA Conference office for a few days. Praise God for what He is doing in our conference. I also praise God for a new day and for strength to serve Him. 

Duet. 33:25 tells us, "As thy days, so shall thy strength be." 

We have so much to be thankful for. God only gives us what we need one day at a time. We don't have to stress about tomorrow's problems because God will give us strength for tomorrow. All we need to worry about is today…And He's here with us today, giving us strength just as we need it. I have found this promise true over and over again. God is so good.

This is the tune that's been going through my mind today. For some reason I think of Gaither's or some older singer from one of my parents old records. Remembering their voice makes me chuckle, but the message is priceless no matter who sings the tune.

One day at a time sweet Jesus 
That's all I'm asking' of you 
Just give me the strength 
To do every day what I have to do 
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus 
And tomorrow may never be mine 
Lord, help me today, 
show me the way 
One day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment