Sunday, August 11, 2013

Peace amidst the Hurrying Throng…

For regular readers of my Morning Sonshine posts, I may seem like a broken record. I'm always talking about prayer and our devotional life because it seems like this is the biggest problem most of us have in being consistent. That's why I talk about it again and again and again…

In earlier years I used to struggle getting burned out with life and ministry. Now, I'm busier than I ever was before, but very rarely do I feel any type of "burn out." It's because God has called me to take much more dedicated time with Him each day. This extra time on a consistent basis has made all the difference in the world to me, and I know it will to you too!! 

Truly God is what we need… not more creative methods or techniques, but MORE OF HIM!!

“In all who are under the training of God is to be revealed a life that is not in harmony with the world, its customs, or its practices; and everyone needs to have a personal experience in obtaining a knowledge of the will of God. We must individually hear Him speaking to the heart. When every other voice is hushed, and in quietness we wait before Him, the silence of the soul makes more distinct the voice of God. He bids us, ‘Be still, and know that I am God.’ (Psalm 46:10) Here alone can true rest be found. And this is the effectual preparation for all who labor for God. Amid the hurrying throng, and the strain of life’s intense activities, the soul that is thus refreshed will be surrounded with an atmosphere of light and peace. The life will breathe out fragrance, and will reveal a divine power that will reach men’s hearts.”[i]

How we find this extra time may look different to each one of us, and sometimes it may seem impossible to schedule in with our very full calendars, but we must do our best to make it a priority. We are encouraged, “Not a pause for a moment in His presence, but personal contact with Christ, to sit down in companionship with Him,—this is our need."[ii]


[i] Desire of Ages, p. 363
[ii] Signs of the Times, July 6, 1904, par. 6-7


No comments:

Post a Comment