Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Day in the Middle East

The other day I walked by a Mosque when I noticed a crowd of people carrying a coffin. Their song pierced the air, their sullen faces spoke volumes of pain and anguish.  Is there hope for those who went before us?  
Death.

I sat in a parked car as I waited for my friends to emerge from the ruins of Sardis, a young girl approached me. She showed off her hula hoop talents and tried to win me over by her smile. Her older sister placed in my hand a handful of seeds and two small daisies.
Admiration.

Little *Enoch looked at me and said excitedly “Auntie, I need to go pee pee! Real bad!” I looked back at him and told him to hurry to the bathroom and go. He waited about 3 seconds before he sadly announced “It’s too late, I already peed in my pants!” I groaned, I quickly led him to the bathroom hoping his wet clothes did not come in contact with mine. Just as he got to the toilet, he looked up and grinned. “Auntie I TRICKED you!” He starts laughing while I stood their stunned. Indeed he got me! I picked him up and tickled him; he laughed with glee.
Humor.

My friend and I watched the kids chasing the pigeons.  Just then I glanced to my right and saw a man who is unable to walk on his severely deformed left foot.  He slowly made his way passed us and as he walks on by he rested.
Pain.

I got a call from a friend, "distract him a little longer!" the voice on the other end said to me. Quickly I asked him to drive me to the market. Patiently he drove me there. I got the food.  I jumped back into the car.  We passed *Tom's house, "stop! Let me go say 'hi' quick." Finally we headed home. We arrived home. He opened the door. His friends appeared from out of nowhere, "surprise!" they shouted. He’s stunned. A birthday party to celebrate another year of his life.
Surprise

I rode on the dolmuş (mini-bus), one day.  I waited to give my fare to the collector. After awhile he stood up, and started collecting the money from all the passengers . I gave him my fare; he turned around and headed to the front of the dolmuş.  A moment later, he walked towards me, he puts one lira (equivalent of $.64 cents) in my hand. I told him "no, this isn't mine; I had already given my exact share."
Honesty

I glanced over to see *Ahmet tenderly looking at his infant son in his arms. The baby coos and grins, *Ahmet smiled broadly at his bundle of joy.
Love.

Each person above live in a land that is darker than night.  They do not have the hope that you and I have.  They have never heard of Jesus.  They have never experience His love for them.  Who will go out and proclaim a message of hope to a nation who has never heard of Him?  Is God calling you?  Would you like to answer the call?

NOTE:  Due to my busy schedule right now, my friend, Chelsey, is the contributor to today's "Morning Sonshine" thought.  Thank you Chelsey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment