Friday, October 04, 2013

The Difference…

As we come to the end of another week, I wanted to reflect on Psalm 5:3 which says, “My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.”

This should be our first goal every morning, to lift up our voices to God. Before we look to our best friends, or human companionship, we should look up, up to Him! As we do so, He will give us the strength that we need for each day. 

Unfortunately, sometimes life takes off without us, and without making time for God, we rush into our day. However, as the poem below depicts, taking time for God makes all the difference in the world!

THE DIFFERENCE
I got up early one morning
And rushed right into the day;
I had so much to accomplish
That I didn't take time to pray.

Problems just tumbling about me,
And heavier came each task;
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered.
He answered: "You didn't ask."

I wanted to see joy and beauty-
But the day toiled on, gray and bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me,
He said: "But you didn't seek."

I tried to come into God's presence,
I used all my keys at the lock;
God gently and lovingly chided:
"My child, you didn't knock."

I woke early this morning
And paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish
That I had to take time to pray

--Author Unknown

In the book Steps to Christ, Ellen White tells us, “Consecrate yourself to God in the morning; make this your very first work. Let your prayer be, “Take me, O Lord, as wholly Thine. I lay all my plans at Thy feet. Use me today in Thy service. Abide with me, and let all my work be wrought in Thee.” This is a daily matter. Each morning, consecrate yourself to God for that day.” P. 70

So let’s challenge again to make this the very first priority of every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment