Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Our Need for Passionate Prayer

"...He hears the prayers of the Righteous." Proverbs 15:29  "The Lord has heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer." Psalms 6:9

Prayer.  It is a weapon to use to fight against the forces of evil.  Prayer.  It is a direct line to the very throne room of God.  Prayer.  It is used to send angels on their mission of rescuing souls from peril.  Prayer.  It is a surrender of self and uniting our heart with His.  Prayer. It is a tool to strengthen one's faith in the Lord.  Prayer.  It is given to intercede for friends, family, and strangers who are unable or unwilling to intercede for their own salvation.  Prayer is vital.

How often do we persist in prayer?  When was the last time we have wrestle with God in prayer over a lost soul?  If we are honest with ourselves, most of us would admit we do not take enough time in prayer.  I love George Muller's response to someone's question about how often we should pray: "Hours every day. But I live in the spirit of prayer. I pray as I walk and when I lie down and when I arise. And the answers are always coming."

May God give us a strong, over powering burden for prayer.  We need it. I lack the burden, I desperately need God to give me a passion of prayer.  This world is fast approaching its doom and there are so many lost people who need our prayers to mix in with those of the Savior's on their behalf.  

May our hearts yearn for more of God through prayer.  May we find joy in abundance when we commune with Him.

"Knowing that intercessory prayer is our mightiest weapon and the supreme call for all Christians today, I pleadingly urge our people everywhere to pray. Believing that prayer is the greatest contribution that our people can make in this critical hour, I humbly urge that we take time to pray--to really pray. Let there be prayer at sunup, at noonday, at sundown, at midnight--all through the day. Let us all pray for our children, our youth, our aged, our pastors, our homes. Let us pray for our churches. Let us pray for ourselves, that we may not lose the word 'concern' out of our Christian vocabulary. Let us pray for our nation. Let us pray for those who have never known Jesus Christ and redeeming love, for moral forces everywhere, for our national leaders. Let prayer be our passion. Let prayer be our practice." Robert E Lee


"Prayer is the opening of the heart to God as to a friend. Not that it is necessary in order to make known to God what we are, but in order to enable us to receive Him. Prayer does not bring God down to us, but brings us up to Him"-Step to Christ, p 93. 

NOTE:  Due to my busy schedule right now, my friend, Chelsey, is the contributor to today's "Morning Sonshine" thought.  Thank you Chelsey!!


No comments:

Post a Comment